Many people take anadrol for different reasons. Some use this steroid to help them win competitions and make a career out of bodybuilding. Others take it to simply build muscle and attract the opposite sex.
It’s not rocket science, if you’re jacked with six pack abs – women will become more attracted to you. Having a muscular body could be the difference between landing a stunning woman or a 6/10.
Anadrol is regarded as one of, if not the best steroid today, when it comes to building muscle and piling on size. It will also cause huge surges in muscular strength. As a result of its remarkable effects on muscle mass, it’s generally used in the off season.
Anadrol is predominantly taken orally (in tablet form). The typical dosage of Anadrol-50 is 50-100mg per day. However, beginners often start as low as 25mg.
A dose 50mg each day is effective, but higher doses may be required for more experienced users. Anadrol’s effects are generally fast, with users seeing big changes in the first couple of weeks into a cycle.
Certain drugs or medications can negatively interact with Anadrol, thus it’s crucial to inform your doctor if you planning an anadrol-cycle, so they can warn you about any potential complications. In terms of women using anadrol, it shouldn’t be used during pregnancy as it can affect the fetus. And it’s not recommended for a female to take anadrol when breastfeeding either.
Like with any other steroid, anadrol is not free from side effects. In fact, anadrol often produces more severe side effects than other AAS.
Anadrol isn’t to be messed around with. Excessively high doses or too lengthy cycles, can result in users ending up in hospital. It’s always important to know how deep the water is before diving in head first, and thus it’s wise to start on a low dose and increase it slowly over time.
The following are common side effects associated with anadrol.
25 Anadrol Side Effects
1. Liver problems. Long term use can lead to serious diseases like liver cirrhosis, hepatitis, and liver cancer.
2. Change in sex drive. Anadrol is known to interfere with testosterone production, which is the male sex hormone. Testosterone levels will plummet post-cycle causing a lower libido.
3. Problems urinating. If you experience this side effect, book an appointment with your doctor immediately as this is a sign of prostate issues.
4. Change in testicle size (bigger on-cycle, smaller off-cycle).
5. Temporary impotence. This is a side effect of having low testosterone post-cycle.
6. Changes in menstrual cycle. Some women who’ve used Anadrol have reported changes in menstrual cycle and more frequent cramping.
7. Swelling of breasts. This also applies to men AKA gyno. Apart from the swelling, tenderness of the breasts will also be felt when on a cycle.
8. Mood swings. Using anadrol can cause a change in mood, resulting in euphoria or/and depression.
9. Difficulty breathing. This is usually due to elevated blood pressure.
10. Sleepless nights. If you have problems with insomnia, try taking a hot bath to calm your central nervous system.
11. Stomach irritation and diarrhea. Some anadrol-users may never experience this.
12. Hair loss. Anadrol-users will often experience hair loss/thinning to some extent (how much will depend on your genetics).
13. Hard erections for men. Men can experience super hard erections that can take a while to go down. This is due to an increase in red blood cell production and higher T.
14. Deep voice. Female users can develop deep voices whilst taking anadrol.
15. Allergies. Users can experience itching, peeling of skin, swelling of the face, lips or throat and wheezing whilst taking anadrol. Stop taking the steroid immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
16. Vomiting. Anadrol-users can sometimes throw up due to stomach upsets.
17. Weight gain. In the form of muscle mass and water retention.
18. Chills. Taking anadrol will contract and expand your muscles repeatedly, which sometimes can cause a chilling sensation.
19. Enlarged clitoris. This is another side effect for female users, as they start to have higher testosterone and lower estrogen levels.
21. Loss of appetite
23. Swelling. Moreso in the ankle and feet.
24. Body Hair growth (men and women)
25. Lethargy. Especially during your post-cycle blues.
Is Anadrol Dangerous?
Generally, anadrol poses more side effects than the average steroid, because it’s more powerful and will give you some of the best gains of your life (when it comes to strength and size). Thus serious caution must be used, as reckless use can be very dangerous.
However, it is possible to take anadrol and not experience a serious downturn in health, if you’re in good physical condition and you use it very cautiously. It also depends on how your body responds to anadrol, some users state that they don’t notice much on it (even on 100mg a day), whilst others say it’s too toxic for them (even at 50mg a day).
If anadrol’s side effects put you off, testosterone and deca durabolin are more mild bulking compounds you can use instead.
O’Connor M.D, Thomas (2018), America on Steroids: A Time to Heal. Cheshire, CT: Metabolic Promotion LLC. pp. 57-77.